uzERP is web based, accessible from any PC or Mac using a web-browser, for example Firefox, Chrome or Safari. Since it runs in a browser it benefits from the familiarity of the browser ‘point-and-click’ way of doing things. uzERP provides a rich user experience with drop down menus, context sensitive defaults and lists. Particular features of the interface are:
- Clutter free design which avoids the use of too much ‘eye candy’;
- Use of [[progressive disclosure|http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progressive_disclosure]] to avoid information overload;
- List based displays provide a familiar ‘spreadsheet like’ interface to data;
- All lists searchable and once the result set is returned it can be printed, emailed and exported to pdf, csv ore XML meaning users can get the information they need quickly and easily;
- In-list Links aid progressive disclosure and drill-down/up/around functionality so users get to the information they require quickly and intuitively witout having to traverse complex menu hierarchies;
- A configurable (by role) and context sensitive sidebar provides options to access more information or carry out extra operations;
- [[uzLETS]] provide desktop shortlists, graphs and quick links to put information and options right in front of users.
The top menu gives access to the main modules of the system. A familiar drop down menu gives further actions for each module.
There is a [Home dashboard] for each user which is configurable and allows uzLETS from any module to be displayed. Each module also has its own dashboard that summarises its information.
Most information is initially presented in a list format this is a familiar tabular ‘spreadsheet-like’ interface.
Example List here
Particular features of these initial lists are
- The number of records displayed on each page can be changed by going to Home > My preferences in the top menu
- The [[Search]] pane at the top allows for filtering of information
- The Output button allows the current list to be printed, saved or exported to csv/xml etc
- Clicking on a column heading will re-sort the list into ascending or descending order
- Underlined elements within the list are clickable to show more information
- A Side bar, on the left, for further actions
At the top of each list there is a search panel. This allows the number of records being displayed to be filtered based on the terms.
The ‘+’ symbol gives access to more search terms - i.e. an extended search.
This feature allows the standard list to be a basic ‘report generator’.
Sidebars appear wherever more information can be gleaned. In list context these are normally ‘Actions’ - for example in the Sales Orders list context the Actions are shown below.